The Sierra Nevada Ally is our region’s 501c3 nonprofit, digital news organization with 8 seasoned, experienced freelance journalists covering the environment, public policy, viewpoints, and culture.
We help you reach our engaged audience/demographic to produce the results you want.
Sponsor us at a price you can afford – no contract – invoiced monthly.
- Now running at 3,000 page views per day
- At peak times, a new user every 2 seconds.
- On track for a million users this year.
- Our regular western audience includes NV, CA, UT, OR, WA, CO, NM, AZ.
- We have regular readers in major cities: SF, DC, NYC, CHI, DAL/HOS, LV
- We partner on both audio and online reporting with northern Nevada public radio stations.
Your visual ad will be a direct link to your website
- You get a 400-pixel square ad that appears on our landing page.
- You also get a banner ad 1000 X 300 pixels in size within published reports.
- The ad is placed in the text, and we will embed it exactly as NPR does it.
- Artwork can include text, embedded video, and/or audio.
We have full membership in INN (Institute for Nonprofit News), IRE (Investigative Reporters and Editors), LION Publishers (Local Independent Online News), SEJ (Society for Environmental Journalists).
Our Sponsorship Acceptance Policy
- We reserve the right to accept or decline any advertisement or sponsorship if we believe it is misleading, inaccurate, fraudulent, or illegal
- We will not accept any advertisement or sponsorship that fails to comply, in our sole discretion, with standards of decency, taste, or dignity
- We will reject any advertising and sponsorship content that blurs the clear separation between news and advertising content that in our view confuses the reader
To sponsor The Sierra Nevada Ally, please contact Joe McCarthy, editor and GM, at jm@sierranevadaally or 775.720.0331.