Last updated November 22, 2021
This privacy notice describes how we might use your information if you visit our website at https://www.sieranevadaally.org, or/and engage with us in other related ways, including any fundraising, sponsorships, or event. In this privacy notice, if we refer to “website,” we are referring to any website of ours that references or links to this policy. If we refer to “services,” we are referring to our website, and other related services, including any sales, marketing, or events.
The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain what information we collect, how we use it, and what rights you have in relation to it. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our services immediately.
Information Automatically Collected
Some information, such as your internet protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics are collected automatically when you visit our website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
The information we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data: Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files, viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use,) device event information (such as system activity error reports, and hardware settings.
- Device Data: We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, table, or other device you use to access the website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address, device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data: We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or precise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the website. You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing to access the information or by disabling your location settings on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the services.
Personal Information You Disclose to Us
We use personal information collected via our website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interest in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To send you fundraising or promotional communications. We and our third-party fundraising partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt out of our emails at any time.
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
Sharing of Information
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect our rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.)
- Vital interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we many need to process your data or share your personal information I the following situation:
- We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, and fundraising efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the website, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages, or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties.
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us using the contact details provided at the end of this document.
- Broadstreet Ads
- Google Cloud Platform
- Google Analytics
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
Cookies set by the Sierra Nevada Ally are called “first party cookies.” Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies.” Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (like advertising, interactive content, and analytics.) The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website in question and when it visits certain other websites.
The specific types of first and third-party cookies served through our website are:
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website.
We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements.)
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminal, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do your best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our website is at your own risk. You should only access the website within a secure environment.
You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are a resident in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
California Specific Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the name and address of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
We will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification.
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at email@example.com or by post to:
Sierra Nevada Ally
1200 Highway 341
Silver City, NV 89428